With over 300 million copies sold, PowerDVD is the world’s number one movie and media player, serving up the highest quality, most immersive media entertainment experience available on PC. PowerDVD 16 now brings this award-winning experience to your big-screen TV, with a stunning new TV Mode that lets you recreate the atmosphere of cinema in your own home.
TV mode is the successor of PowerDVD Cinema mode and aims to provide an easier and intuitive interface for users who wish to watch movies on bigger screens. PowerDVD 16 also makes it possible to cast video, audio and photos to several devices. Here is the full list of new features in PowerDVD 16.
• All new TV mode* that helps you recreate a cinema experience in your own home.
• Cast media* to a Chromecast, Apple TV, or Roku device.
• Play media on extended Miracast-certified devices and displays connected via an HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, D-Sub connection.*
• An improved TrueTheater algorithm for even smarter and sharper enhancements.
• Play protected video content stored on SeeQVault* enabled devices.
• Resume playback on video files in the My Computer tab and access to Windows “Favorites” folder.
• Import personal settings and existing media library when updating from previous version.
• DSD (Direct-Stream Digital) audio* output support.
• Support for the FLAC audio codec and MVC 3D codec for MKV video files.
• Extract audio* from multiple video files at once, or an entire video folder.
• VobSub embedded subtitle support for MKV and MP4 video, and compressed external PGS subtitles for MKV files.
What’s New in Version 16.0.2011.60:
• Resolves playback issues for Blu-ray movies “Allegiant” and “Super Troopers”.
• Improves playback compatibility of newly released Blu-ray movies.
• Minor bug fixes.
Release Names: CyberLink.PowerDVD.Ultra.16.0.2011.60.Multilingual-P2P